Sunday, July 29, 2007

BILL RICHARDSON



At the close of the Clinton administration, Richardson signed on as a senior managing director with Kissinger McLarty Associates,

joined the boards of three large oil companies:

  • Houston-based Diamond Offshore Drilling, a company once run by George Herbert Walker Bush;
  • Denver-based Venoco; and
  • Valero, North America's largest independent refinery. Until recently, Richardson held Valero stock worth between $100,001 and $250,000 and options valued between $250,001 and $500,000, according to disclosures filed with the Federal Election Commission. He divested himself of his stake in Valero in May, saying his financial ties to the company had become a "distraction" to his presidential campaign.

Currently, he is one of the leading recipients of campaign contributions from oil and gas companies among the presidential contenders.

3 comments:

MarcLord said...

hey, you've been on fire here lately. I just quoted and linked to one of your old posts on historiography, as you probably saw. Hectic weekend w/3 year old running boy, so I only got around to it now. Thank you and keep it up!

http://adoredbyhordes.blogspot.com/2007/07/polity-declination-and-re-boot-pt.html

Cheers,
Marc

Jesus Reyes said...

Hey buddy marclord, I have been checking your site lately and I did see the your historiography piece. It took me a minute to recognize it. You did a good job. Really all I do is post things I find, but you are a good writer.

MarcLord said...

Thank you, Jesus! ;-)

I must say, you're really good at finding and posting things.